25 April, 2011

Rider Profile: ALonso Tal.


This guy. I love it when Zoe comes out race, then I know it's gonna be good one. I don't get to see this guy to often,
but I know when I do, it's time to race harder then usual. A LA racer who shares the duties of having a Chrome Jersey
with some of the fastest cats in LA. I'm proud to share that with him and look forward to the next time we match wheels.


ALonso

What do you ride?
Masi Coltello (09)
Sugino 75.
Philwoods Hub
GatorSkins 48x17

How long have you been riding/ what started you?
Since Nov 07.
Ok, my Senior year in high school I took an internship with the clothing line Rock the Bureau and one of my jobs was writing & updating the site & blog, to me that's was big because I was a fan of the local line before the internship, so I wanted make sure it was tight and done well. So I would look at some other blogs site & online mag's to get ideal of it and I could remember seeing a trailers and edit of some guys riding bikes break-less without helmets in the rain in San Francisco bombing hills, hatching cars, wheelie almost a mile it was crazy. Later that year I went up to SF for some work & play and I stopped by the HUF store, I got some things and while paying for my thing and I see out the corner of my eye I see the MASH DVD set it came with a little Black Book and I’m reading some of it but mostly looking at the pictures and I see two Brothas, and I recall seeing in one of the trailers, Emi & Massen and I’m like, "wow man I got to get a bike", when I got back home I got a bike & it was on.. x3 asfuk

Do you wear a helmet and why or why not?
Rarely do I ever wear one beside when I’m racing
I guess I just like to keep it the way I found it. (The weak S@#% get s broke off 1st,)

Favorite Shop? Why?
Mikes Bike & Board Shop (5507 West Pico) hands down, Mike knows his stuff and that's the truth an plus I used to skateboard as a kid growing up and when you see some of the boards you know the Alva, Sims, G&S, The Dog Town, SLB you can't help it. And the pros stop by the shop from time to time.

Clip or clipless? Why?
Clipless, no reason. (One day)

Ride with headphones/ music?
Right Ear only...
Gil Scott Heron - Kanye - Jimi Hendrix -Dom Kennedy - The Who - N*E*R*D - The Fugees – Nipsey Hussle – Ottis Redding - Pusha-T - A Tribe Called Quest - Jay.Z - The Doors - James Brown - Curtis Mayfield…

Sponsors or teams/ gangs/ clubs you are a part of?
Always need more Sponsors & Support. (wink wink)
Mike's Bike Crew
Major Playa's
Preme.pro
Dukes of Hauser
SuperFoodCrew
BKOB
Tal. & others

Fav. Race(s)?
MASH x InterBike Race in Vegas, LA marathon crash race, Chubby Boob games, Take Over 1&2

Fav. place to ride or route(s) in LA?
Sunset from UCLA to DTLA is out of this world fun.

Fav. person(s) to ride with?
Leon, Kapo, Micheal Lohr, lil Hern, Pooh Tha Tights Barber & Miles, Carlos.R, Padro.B, Hoss and all the Playa, Dukes of Hauser, VCR, T&B's, Polu-plots (People that have bikes but don't ride or Rarely).

Dope Chill spot?
Leimert Park, Maybe the Beach during the weekday ( good reading time), The Hyde Lounge on Sunset , The W Hotel Pool, Slauson Super Mall ahah.

Why LA?
LA is Home!. Watts, Leimert Park, Baldwin Hills, Mid-City, DTLA, Hollywood, LBC, Compton, The Wood, Much Love for the Valley.

What do you do for work?
Work as a photographer & brand consultant at Preme.inc mostly dealing with new Artist & Designer. Also part time student doing studies in a Psych office (done in May). Full time Artist for Tal.

What else do you do/ projects/ hobbies?
Read: James Baldwin, Cornel west, etc
Study & Create: Photography, Fashion, and Art & Psychology.

Dream Bike?
2011 Specialized SL3 Project Black Limit Edition
2010 LOOK 464 (Looking to pick this summer) 2010Pinarello Xtrack Madison frameset

Best/ worst about riding in LA?
Best thing about riding in LA, Is LA its self. There's some much culture here after while of riding around the city you start to feel like you’re riding past history and with that becomes a much better appreciation & feeling for Riding and for the City.

Any LA secrets / tips you want to give out?
All that Glitter ain't Gold.

Shout outs?
MASI Bikes, Continental tires, Philwood, Thomson, MikeBikeShop, O20, HuF.SF, Knice, 1000 Bikes, Royal Black, Stussy, Undefeated, CJ's Restaurant, OK Liquor, POM-POM, Regal Tenant, Union LA, Supreme, 7-11, Velocity rims, Nike, S.O.F.F, VANS, Gucci, Emi Brown, Massen, Team Chubby Boob, RubyRadRed …

Last word?
Out of the MASH Black Book
Emi Brown:
"Try it out, have fun doing it and ride your heart out.... Don't worry about fucking up the paint, it all part of the learning process. Remember its not what you ride it's how you ride it. Never let anyone tell you otherwise"…

alonsotal.tumblr.com / @alonsotal
Zoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment