28 February, 2011

Rider Profile: Danielle Marie



The Homegirl Danielle, will race the shit out of you. The first time I rode/ raced with her was on Wolfpack All-city lll. I saw this rider up ahead just blasting by guys, sprinting, racing all out. I was like you gotta catch up and work with racer. I caught up realized it was Danielle and we just took off really working well together. Then the next time we raced, she helped me win the VCR thanksgiving Alleycat, by doing the same shit, and giving a really good route. I wish I would ride more with her, and see her more. Not only is she super fun to ride with, she also is a blast to kick it with, shit talking the whole time, and giving you the best advice while doing so.



Danielle Marie

What do you ride?
'08 Bianchi Pista; '72 Gerber

How long have you been riding/ what started you?
I've been riding bikes for eight years, commuting for seven, and riding fixed for over three years. My best friend Trevor got me into cycling and I will never have enough gratitude for what he brought to my life. Thanks, again.

Do you wear a helmet and why or why not?
Yes, because I am not impervious to other peoples stupidity.

Favorite Shop? Why?
O20, because of Kyle and Sound Cycles because of Wes.

Clip or clipless?
I ride fixed in clips and road clipless

Ride with headphones/ music?
Nope, gotta hear traffic and all the love people shout my way.

Sponsors or teams/ gangs/ clubs you are a part of?
Juggling club

Fav. Race?
Wolfpack Hustle, but when it was to Dockweiler, on the hottest summer Sunday imaginable. That shit gets nuts!

Fav. place to ride or route(s) in LA?
To any place that someone says I can't because I'm on two wheels. Favorite route to Dtla is on Olympic, because it's fast. Out west I take SM Blvd because it has a bike lane and fun traffic.

Fav. person(s) to ride with?
Pedro DeMacedo, anyday, anytime.

Dope Chill spot?
Just ride around, you'll find one.

Why LA?
Born here.

What do you do for work?
I don't work, I'm going to school for Nursing.

What else do you do/ projects/ hobbies?
I read a lot of non-fiction ranging from political theory, economics, blah blah to awesome fiction like 'A Confederacy of Dunces.'

Dream Bike?
Colnago C50 Pista

Best/ worst about riding in LA?
The drivers.

Any LA secrets/ tips you want to give out?
Hop on two wheels and go explore your city.

Shout outs?
Oscar, Ro Blvd., Cicero, Jay, PK, Colt, Ace Boogie, Mary, Anthony and all the other Mellow Mondays crew!

Last word?
CicLAvia

Check out the rest here!

No comments:

Post a Comment