03 January, 2011

Rider Profile: Justin Kizzart


I am back. What a trip. More on that later. What better way to start the the New Year Profiles then with someone who will be taking over in the 2011. Justin, my homeboy. If you don't now his brand Knice, then get up on your game, son. I expect big things from my dude this year. Not only from his brand, but from the man himself. Race hard, my friend, the world is watching.


Justin Kizzart

What do you ride?
Langster Tokyo for the last 2 ½ years, but I miss my steel, UNI VEGA…that piece of shit was my fun in the sun for awhile.

How long have you been riding/ what started you?
As any dude, I have been loving my bike since I was kid. Growing up in Texas pre-nintendo era biking with the kids in the neighborhood was the bizness. But the love/freedom crept back in my life again around 06’ and has grown into an obsession/lifestyle choice

Do you wear a helmet and why or why not?
I don’t but I should. I just have a big ass chrome dome and dreads. That’s probably not a good reason but it honestly is the only reason I don’t rock one.

Favorite Shop? Why?
That’s a tuff one…might have to roll with El Maestro’s in DTLA. They been holding me down for years…hooked it up on parts when I was flat broke and messenging part time for random companies in the fashion district (not a fun time).

Clip or clipless?
I fought clipless for a long time, but I get it now.

Ride with headphones/ music?
Skully boom…I NEVER where headphones…sensory deprivation is not the bizness.

Sponsors or teams/ gangs/ clubs you are a part of?
Hahaha ,the homies are BCS, (big city spokesmen) they are the guys I stay down with. We all been crackin beers talkin shit at my boy LO’s house for a few years now.

Fav. Race?
If by favorite you mean challenging, I would say the Lord of Griffith pushed my bounderies the furthest. F U SEAN lol

Fav. place to ride or route(s) in LA?
D TOWN! It like a jungle gym for adults. So much to climb, so many alleys to cut, I love it at night time.

Fav. person(s) to ride with?
Lo Key

Dope Chill spot?
Bar 107…used to be Origami for the cheap shrimp taco and $2 beers but that got shut down.

Why LA?
This city got its hooks in me. I like that it’s not a 1 note town. There’s beauty underneath the shitty air and Hollywood duche baggery.

What do you do for work?
I design an urban cycling apparel line called J. knice clothing. I also do production management/color seperation for a screen printing company.

What else do you do/ projects/ hobbies?
I play double dutch with chinese kids.

Dream Bike?
A USA hand made steel frame with Phil Wood components, for a while I drooled over the 1st place winning frame in the 2006 NA Hand Made Bike Show. I just like anything that someone put a soul into. Plus I like America.

Best/ worst about riding in LA?
Best – you can get anywhere faster than a car.
Worst – BIKE PIRATES!!!

Any LA secrets/ tips you want to give out?
I hate stereotypes, but drivers in Korea town and China town are the worst…just sayin’
Shout outs?
Big ups to BCS, TOLA(Joe Blow and Lepersean), DTLA Messenger (ya’ll get your hustle on right!), Toby in Capetown S.A., Los Borachos, Brezzy and the Corona Kidz. The homies in Austin,TX (fast folks, drop out MAGAZINE), rideSF, Rickshaw(Christy), Peter@COG…probably forgot a few, but much love.

Last word?
…stay in your lane.


Check the rest out here!

3 comments:

  1. Lil Wayne rides fixies???

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO at that comment! Aww Justin is the bestest!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see this dude on the Gold Line all the time!

    ReplyDelete