29 September, 2010

Stringbike


People are forever trying to improve upon perfection. The Stringbike is another one of those creations that try to outdo what is already perfect.

Here's the short discription from Gizmag:
The system features freewheel mechanisms on either side of the rear wheel connected by polyethylene rope to a precisely positioned, symmetrical swinging arm that drives the bicycle forward. When the unit on the right is driving the bike forward, the other is being returned to its starting position and vice-versa which is said to result in greater efficiency and makes for a more comfortable, easier ride.


Here's Video showing how the system works:


What do you think? Good, bad, or just plain wacky? I would love the chance to ride one and really give it the once over, before I pass judgement. I just know I probably will never hear of Stringbike again, once I post this.

No comments:

Post a Comment