29 September, 2010

Lever Test.


So, yesterday I posted that I got these Quik Stiks from interbike. Well last night I had a chance to test them out. On two different rims, a H plus son and on a Deep V.


Well, as you can see, the quik stik, couldn't get under the bead of tire while on the H Plus Son, while on the rim. I had to use a standard lever to get it started. Once the tire was a little off, I switched back, and boy did the quik stik do it's job fast. Pull that sucker off smoothly and quickly. Putting the new tire one was a dream, with the quik stick. The last little bit that always gives me trouble, popped right on with the extra leverage the quik stik provides with it's longer handle. Now on to the Deep V.

Bewm. This is where the quik stik did it's job, perfectly. Crushed the Deep V. Taking the tire off and putting the new one on. No trouble, and was super easy. Great for these rims. So with the deeper sectioned rims, you'll still need two levers, but I would highly recommend you have one of these babies in your tool kit, regardless of rim/ hoop style. For me, they're great, I have a lot of injuries to my hands from falls, so I have weak hand strength and this is the tool I have been looking for. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment