27 May, 2011

Fixation Fridays: Marc Marino


FIXED! CHECKPOINT! This Guy. Marc, he helped me learn my new favorite phrase "Suns out, Guns out"!
After a few visits to SF and catching each other on the interwebs for time to time, I'm happy to call this
guy my homie. Great bikes skills, super fun to hang out with, and a great dude. Another SF rider for
Fixation, (LA, We next) Marc is holding it down for several crews and companies and should be coming
to a race near you. So watch out! Checkpoint!

Name?
Marc Marino

Age?
25

What city did you film for?
San Francisco

How did you get involved in the film?
To be honest I don't quite remember, I imagine it was a mutual friend who gave Alex my info. It was a while ago.

What was your filming experience like?
First time being filmed, the experience was pretty awesome. They had a lot of people and a lot of equipment. It amazes me how much time it will take even to just capture a few seconds of footage.

Any sketchy moments?
Definitely coming down Lombard street. Not something I would do everyday. Also we started filming shortly after I injured myself last year, so I was a little worried about putting too much stress on my body. But there's nothing like a dose of kodak courage to push yourself just that little bit further.

What bike did you ride for your part? (list everything if you want)
I was first filmed on my old Bianchi, then for the second time around I was riding my Cinelli.

Do think this will be a good represention of our cities and how we ride them?
At least for my part I feel like we got some good hills in the mix, and Lombard street.. icons, right?

What would you like to see change in your city as far as bike riders and riding in your city?
The western side of the Golden Gate Bridge to be open 24 hours would be nice. I always spend half of my rides with a sore throat from hollering at tourists.

How did you handle the interview part of your filming?
It was tough thinking of answers on the spot and not staring right at the camera. I think I did alright though.

Any answers you would change?
All of them.

Did any friends jump on with you while filming?
My buddy Ryan and I were filming together for the first part.

If there was to be a VS street race between the cities involved, who would win?
So not opening this can of worms. Next question.

Best thing for an out of town rider to do in your city while visiting?
Eat some great food, drink some awesome coffee, and experience as much of the entire Bay Area as you can.

Shout outs?
To everyone that pushes me to be a better and faster cyclist. You know who you are.

*Photo By Prolly!

FIXATION Official Trailer from Alex Trudeau Viriato on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment