08 April, 2011

Bici Concepts Foot Retention: Guest Review: Garrison Bumstead


Yesterday, I was Chatting with Garrison about upcoming events and trips to SF and just riding in General.
When the topic of Bici Concepts came up and their Foot Retention System. I'm don't ride a FGFS bike or pretend
to know a lot about it, more then what I watch in edits and other news that is sent to me. I do like it when its good, and
admire the rate that it is evolving. Kids are going off on these bikes and that is sick to me. Progression!
So we really don't get a chance to review much FGFS product, because we don't really do that side of riding.
Prolly earlier this week had a guest review, and it stuck in my head. Great idea, John. I asked Garrison what he thought of
them, and then I stopped and just asked him to do a Guest reiview on the System and send me some photos of them on
his bike. Enjoy!

Garrison Bumstead

With a type of riding that seemed to take the fixed gear "scene" by storm, fixed Freestyle,
there comes the spark of new material from an old name. Bici Concpets, who first got their hands dirty
with fancy family jewel protectors is now spicing up how your foot stays on the pedal.
Seems a bit crazy to strap your foot to a pedal while doing tricks on a bike you cant coast on right?
Unless you ride fixed freestlye, we look like idiots. Bici Concepts has just released a strap that actually
bolts to the outer drillings of a plastic BMX pedal. Where other brands have had limitations due to strap size
as well as drilling size on different brands of pedals, the Bici straps run a small enough bolt and a flush lock nut
(so no threads sticking the outer side of your pedal to bump into things) to secure the straps
to virtually any brand of pedal.

Myself and Joe McKeag have been running these badboys for a couple weeks now,
not a single glitch! They fit nice and snup on my foot but hold their shape enough to get
out quick when I need to bail. Joe does a lot of Spin tricks and I'm sure he pulls upwards on the straps plenty to
get his bike around, and not a tear in sight. Personally, i like grinding way too much, ha. My straps
have been dragged up against some rough ledges and the occasionally use of a lighter to melt away some
frayed edges to clean them up! Joe Mckeag's Edit should be going up shortly on Bici Concepts Blog. Like
their Top tube Pads you can get the Premium straps in an assortment of colors or build your own pattern!
I'm stoked to see some fresh ideas being brough to the streets!


*Thanks Garrison!

No comments:

Post a Comment