14 March, 2011

Rider Profile: Simon Lee



My dude, Simon Lee. The most laid back cat, you will ever meet. Quick to bust your ass with a gif, you are caught slipping on the interwebz, but just as quick to hit with you one to make you smile and laugh. It seems to me that Simon does everything for the Lulz. I really like that in Si, he just wants to laugh and have a good time. We need more folks like this in our lives, and I'm stoked to have this guy in mine.

Simon Lee

What do you ride?
• You can usually catch me on my early 90's Japanese track bike, a njs Civras.. but when i am not., I'm on my Ciocc Designer 84, my steel road horse.

How long have you been riding/ what started you?
Like most of us nerds, ive been riding for years.. Started on my GT racing ABA, that was fun.. then to a Ralleigh mtn bike through the bumpy streets just to get me to skate spots, and now i ride a track bike to ride fast and zig-zag through traffic.. though i wish i still had more time to do laps around the encino velodrome.

Do you wear a helmet and why or why not?
• I wear a helmet most of the time, but honestly sometimes i like to keep it breezy without.

Favorite Shop? Why?
• Has been O20 for a minute because of the community, but things have changed.. and i see a new favorite local bike shop in the making. ;)

Clip or clipless?
• Clipless on the road bike, and vans on the track bike.. funny huh!

Ride with headphones/ music?
• Hell yes.. but with just one ear plugged in and one ear to streets.

Sponsors or teams/ gangs/ clubs you are a part of?
• DIPSET, TT, Team LuLz

Fav. Race?
• Lord of Gryffindor! aka Lord of Griffith :)

Fav. place to ride or route(s) in LA?
• My commute into downtown LA is one of my local favs - Santa Monica>Hoover>Temple>Glendale>
Figueroa.. but really theres too many.

Fav. person(s) to ride with?
• Alvin, Theodore, Steve W., Sean, Juan, Greg, Joseph, Hugo, the ole TT crew, Anthony, Avo, Ace, Omar, Joe Joe, Patstar, Vox, Kevin, Knice, Danny, JTR, and the Valley Boyz.

Dope Chill spot?
• Lately Ronin Gallery has been a good club house to chill.. also lurk Intelligentsia, Golden Saddle, Pan Pacific Park, SmogCutter and at Ye Rustic for Laker games... PURP & YELLOW!

Why LA?
• Born and raised, and i've traveled the world... but theres no other city to live like this in the world.

What do you do for work?
• Ive been working in the graphics design world for the fashion industry for over 10yrs. Currently at Alternative Apparel.

What else do you do/ projects/ hobbies?
• I think i do too much and never focus on one thing, but i love to eat/drink, sketch, collab with others, collect tattoos, go camping, snowboard, skate, and cats.

Dream Bike?
• Custom fitted sparkly SAMSON.

Best/ worst about riding in LA?
• The best part of riding in LA is running into your friends on the regular even tho how big this city is.. Worst part are the aggro texting drivers, and the pigs.

Any LA secrets/ tips you want to give out?
• quick tip : always use a bike lock

Last word?
• "Hook this up and make me a latte"


Go read the rest here

*photo by Zachary

4 comments: