25 March, 2011

Look what I picked up.


This package pickup has quite a story behind it. It starts over three weeks ago with me winning a bid on ebay
for a set of Reynolds Recons. It ends with me riding from Fedex in K-town, to my house, with a Reynolds
Wheelset box strapped to my back (I love my Mission Workshop Vandal). It was a perfect ending to this story that seemed like it was gonna go horribly for me.


As you can see, I didn't get Recons. I got SDV66! Sometimes, being nice, friendly and persistent with customer
service does pay off.

A week after winning the bid, and paying for it. I hadn't heard a peep for the seller. I had asked for
Tracking numbers, several times. No Response. Then I got an email saying they had over sold the inventory
on the wheels. Their mistake, and they would issue a refund. Another week went by.
I'm calling and emailing everyday. Keeping cool and calm, but still no response. I'm thinking,
I'm gonna get screwed here. Then they called and made me an offer, I took it.
So happy, and I got these for a small fraction of what they really cost.

So, now I have a baller set of carbon wheels for the Track, and I get to rebuild three bikes.
In the process of switching parts around, so I'll update you with each build as they come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment