18 March, 2011

Bridgestone XO-2


This arrived in the mail for me yesterday! My Dad's Bridgestone XO-2! He has blessed me with his old touring bike.
This bike has been ridden overseas twice on tours and in Alaska. I had fun setting it up last night,
and seeing what can be updated or what isn't of use to me. So I will be updating as the re-build progresses.
Thanks to pops I'm sitting on 26's!


It's in really great condition, and there is just a few things I need to change. Stem and bar combo, saddle and seat post.
Before anyone says it, yes, it is too small for me, but that can be fixed. Plus it's been in the Martin clan for almost 20 yrs.
It's gonna be my Sunday bike, lazy day bike, or short camping trip bike. I already stripped it of a few things (not pictured)
and switched the pedals. I was running off to get my elbow tattooed so this is where I stopped.
Gonna head to the shop with it this weekend, and see what can be done.

My own Bridgestone!

1 comment:

  1. My husband found an xo-2 near some trash cans in an alley. How lucky am I? I was looking for a bike and wow what a bike. I put some air in the tires and hooked up the front brakes and took her for a spin.

    ReplyDelete