10 December, 2010

Study Footwear: First Look


I posted a week ago, about a new Fixed Gear riding shoe from Study Footwear. Last night I was invited to come to their LA offices, to come check them out in person, and get a little info on the shoes themselves. Loic was kind of enough to give me low down and show me around the office. From what I gathered it's a pretty popular shoe line in Japan, and is starting to take off in the states. I really liked the whole line, not just the Bike Drop shoe. Chubby Boob even got some love, my spoke card was recognized and I met the designer/ buyer who works with/ for the Japanese Buyer of Chubby Boob in the States. Small world.



The story of how the Bike Drop came about is great. Kids rolling by the offices on there fixed gears, would stop by check out the other shoes in the line, told the designers, that the shoes would fit great into clips, and where can they cop some? Loic is an avid cyclist, and bewm, the design came to life. As you can see, little details were added to the riding shoe, extra stitching, stiffer sole, rubber toe piece. These shoes were birthed, because of the streets of LA. Nice. It's a great low-profile riding shoe, just what I always wanted.

Black and Tan. The first ones out. I'm gonna get both, mismatch style. I saw the designs for the Summer/ fall colors, and damn, those are ill. You'll have to wait. I really want to ride in these, as soon as I do, I'll let you guys know what is up. Examining them up close, the shoes really reminded me off Vans Authentics, if Authentics were made for riding. I'm super hype on everything Loic had to say about the shoes and the direction they want to take them. It seems like it's a fun project, and they just want to keep it street level. For us by us. They come out in Japan first, (of course) then hit us in February 2011. I wouldn't be surprised at all, if these shoes were prizes for races next year...

This was my favorite part of the shoe, nice touch. I wanna say thanks to Loic, for showing me around, and good luck with the line!

Check out the rest of Study Footwear here.

No comments:

Post a Comment