20 December, 2010

Rider Profile: Juan Gutierrez


Juan is a Hater. In a good way. He makes me see what is real and what ain't. He calls it like he sees it, with no mercy. It's awesome. Juan and his equally rad lady Gabby were the first people I rode with in LA. On some MR halloween ride in the first few weeks I had moved here. I think I was the only one with my face painted, (like King Diamond) then a few weeks later I tried to host this photo scanvenger hunt ride/ race, and Juan, Gabby and Armando were the only ones to show up. We went drinking instead of doing the ride/ race. We realized later that we had met on the halloween ride and I was the Kook with my face painted. Juan, is one of the best dudes to have in your corner, he has saved my ass more times then I can remember, in many different ways. A ride or die homie, that loves and hates bikes more then anyone else I know. Enjoy.


Juan Gutierrez

What do you ride?
A bareknuckle and a 1987 Battaglin road bike

How long have you been riding/ what started you?
I rode bmx back in the 90s and started riding fixed gear a little less than 4 years ago. Anthony from Capsole put me up on game and a week later I went and got me a bike

Do you wear a helmet and why or why not?
I wear one about 80% of the time, It's a love hate thing.

Favorite Shop? Why?
LA Brakeless and Orange 20......

Clip or clipless?
Clips on the fixiewhip and clipless on the roadie.

Ride with headphones/ music?
I will occasionally ride with one in my right ear and the left to the streets

Sponsors or teams/ gangs/ clubs you are a part of?
LA Brakeless, TOLA, StrykerLA, Team Clydesdale, and PTL

Fav. Race?
Any race thats a fundraiser.....VCR Thanksgiving race, Cranksgiving, Supermarket sweeps race in SF, and any TOLA race.

Fav. place to ride or route(s) in LA?
Everywhere. These streets are fun to play in. Im also lucky enough to live in between Elysian Park and Griffith Park so I got that to ride, when i want to kick my own ass.

Fav. person(s) to ride with?
All my friends. yes even you.

Dope Chill spot?
Anywhere in LA is good enough for a paperbag with a refreshing drink and Hallupinya

Why LA?
Been here most of my life, the weather is the best and Mexican food sucks everywhere else.

What do you do for work?
I chill at LA Brakeless Tuesday thru Friday, feel free to bring me lunch any of those days.....

What else do you do/ projects/ hobbies?
Paint, draw, graffiti, collect kicks, trying to collect bikes, drink and eat.

Dream Bike?
My bareknuckle.

Best/ worst about riding in LA?
Everything! Best and worst go hand in hand.

Any LA secrets/ tips you want to give out?
MEHHHH!

Shout outs?
PTL. All my friends, LA BRAKELESS my bosses Dave and Anna and my heart Gaby for supporting me.

Last word?
Lets get some beers. PUNISH THE LIVER!!!!!!!!


Check out the other profiles here.

No comments:

Post a Comment