13 December, 2010

Rider Profile: Hern



Lil Hern. One of the fastest dudes in LA. I have raced and lost against this guy more times then I would like to count. Solid rider, on any bike, you put him on. Makes me happy to see him race at the Velo, and racing Cross this fall/ winter. I expect big things from Hern in the next year. He's really put LA on the Map as far as fast goes in the street racing world and I hope he continues to dominate, in the racing world of gears and banked walls. I really can't wait for next year when we meet again in street races and on road in the Cats. Watch out Hern, I'm coming for you.


Hernan Ezequiel Montenegro

What do you ride?
Cinelli MASH track with a bunch of different parts
Modulus Bold Eagle Series Ti road bike with Sram Red
FBM Houler BMX bike with Odyssey parts
Bianchi San Jose SSCX bike with a bunch of different parts.

How long have you been riding/ what started you?
I've been riding BMX bikes my whole life. I tried all kinds of bikes throughout my life. I used to race BMX and Mountain Bikes when i was little. I tried riding Fixed Gear bikes a few years back and loved it.

Do you wear a helmet and why or why not?
Always when I race or train, sometimes when I'm riding to around but I should probably wear it all the time.

Favorite Shop? Why?
Predator Cycling because everyone who works there really knows their stuff, they are also fast experienced riders who constantly revel their secrets to me. Orange 20 and LAB because my homies work there.
Downtown LA bicycles because I work there.

Clip or clipless?
Clips for riding around and to work. Clipless for the road bike and racing.

Ride with headphones/ music?
I used to ride with headphones but I rode in the heavy rain one day with my I pod and broke it. since then I didn't get a new one.

Sponsors or teams/ gangs/ clubs you are a part of?
MASH SF, T Level, The Anytime Crew, Stryker LA, Riders Way, Predator Cycling, VCR, Wolfpack Hustle.

Fav. Race?
Wolfpack Crash the Marathon Race and anything New York!
I love Cyclocross and Track racing too.

Fav. place to ride or route(s) in LA?
Santa Monica Mountains are fun and Santa Monica in general.

Fav. person(s) to ride with?
Any of my friends, on any kind of bike.

Dope Chill spot?
The Lawn Trails

Why LA?
Nice weather, my family and friends are here.

What do you do for work?
I work at a Bike Shop. Downtown LA Bicycles, come say what's up! Bring me Dr. Pepper cans and Pop Tarts!

What else do you do/ projects/ hobbies?
I have a blog (hernian.tumblr.com), I play guitar and ride bikes!

Dream Bike?
My road bike but in a size 51cm! (It's a 54cm)
I wanna get a nice Mountain Bike too, but first I need to get a car!

Best/ worst about riding in LA?
Best thing about LA is that EVERTHING is here, It's so big that If you wanna get away from the concrete jungle you can without having to go out of town.
Worst: Idiots driving big SUBs while talking on their cellphones. Drivers are not very alert for how busy this city is. Lot's of bike thefts too.

Any LA secrets/ tips you want to give out?
Know your limits.

Shout outs?
My parents for being so cool. Aram at Predator Cycling, he's been hooking me up with what I need before anyone else. Mike and Gave at MASH SF for adding me to their team even though I don't live in San Francisco. Anna, Dave and everyone at LAB. Kyle (Tracko) even though all he does is give me shit. Danny and Rod at Downtown LA Bicycles. Kimberly for not loosing faith in me. The Anytime Crew. TRAFIK. Jim Bower at Odyssey BMX. Kevin at Stryker LA. Hoon at T-level. the VCR crew. All my friends in LA, SF, Seattle, Portland, Arizona, Las Vegas, NYC, Argentina, and all over the world (you know who you are.)

Last word?
Don't worry about the rest, worry about yourself.


Check out the rest here.

1 comment: