15 November, 2010

Rider Profile: Jacques Le Bewm



Joe. My TOLA! Partner. He lives in SF now, running game up there. Making a name for himself, I'm proud of my dude. It's hard to move to another city, and start over fresh, he's doing a good job of it. Thanks for this past weekend, it was the best. I'll see you soon. Read on after the jump.


What do you ride?
A frankenstein( pronounced FRAWN KEN STEEN) phixie whipp . but still killin the game. dont trip.

How long have you been riding/ what started you?
I have been commuting by bicycle since 2003. gave my car to my lil sis. raced BMX as lil pup.

Do you wear a helmet and why or why not?
newp.. because im an idiot. but seriously, too expensive. I will one day. Right now I have a pretty serious camera addiction I need to feed... film is expensive my dood.

Favorite Shop? Why?
Pass. next question bob. How about pedal set up for $2000?

Ok then, Clip or clipless?
Both. mostly clipless now tho.

Ride with headphones/ music?
On occasion

Sponsors or teams/ gangs/ clubs you are a part of?
gangs are stupid. Team CBNC - Chubby boob Nerd Crew ( for the civilians) TOLA! - All Day Erryday.

Fav. Race?
Lord of Griffith and Stariways to heaven

Fav. place to ride or route(s) in LA?
Long Beach river path, griffith park, Mulholland Hwd to Malibu. and sunset from hwd to malibu.

Fav. person(s) to ride with?
Nerd Crew.

Dope Chill spot?
The twamp. and on my stoop.

Why LA?
Grew up here. then moved to SF a few months ago.

What do you do for work?
I work in the production dept for Industrial Light and Magic.

What else do you do/ projects/ hobbies?
Being a pretty damn cool guy and talking shit.
- Jacques Le Bewm.

Dream Bike?
De Rosa Track bike. mmmmmmmm. :homer simpson drool:

Best/ worst about riding in LA?
Commuting is flat.. drivers suck.

Any LA secrets/ tips you want to give out?
Hell NO. WTF is wrong with you? Shits secret my dood.

Shout outs?
Are you sure? Ok, OUTS! jk, but my people know who they are. Teams, bassline rumble , Chubby Boob Nerd Crew, Team Lulz, Upinya Bros. ETC. oh and you know how we do........ TOLA!

Last word?
Upinya.

*photo by ACE.

More profiles here!

1 comment: