23 November, 2010

Product Review: Chrome Cobra


About a month ago Chrome sent me The Cobra. As cold as it has gotten lately in LA, I figured it's a good time to review this hoodie, so ya'll will pick it up and be snugly warm. Since getting it, it has not left my bag. It has kept me warm in SF two weekends ago and the last few weeks in Cold LA. 100% Merino wool hoodie, that feels like a dream when wearing it. So comfy, all you really need is a t-shirt underneath and you are good to go. Fits great under a flannel, if the temperature really drops below 45. Perfect to ride in, cut like a jersey so it goes over your back side and doesn't ride up, exposing anything to the elements. Read on to get the finer points on one of the best hoodies I own.


*ThumbHoles! Really great, for those days you don't need gloves, but would still like a little warmth. I use them more when I'm off the bike, then on. On really windy days or cold days, it adds another layer of protection for your hands to go along with your gloves.*

Back Pockets with side entry. Super great, just like a the back pockets of a jersey, except zippered side entry on both sides. It's a huge pocket, and I would like to see a divider between the two pocket holes, stuff tends to shift around and you gotta dig for it. No biggie, just a small change that might make a big difference.

Key Chain holder in sleeve stash pocket. While this is great if you use one or two keys, if you're like me and have a bunch of keys, it tends to weigh the arm down. So I really didn't use it. I'm sure there are many things you can "Stash" in this pocket. I didn't even know it was there until Omar pointed out to me. Thats how hidden it is. Bewm.

The hood is really my favorite feature on the Cobra. Large enough to cover your dome, but small enough to fit under a helmet. I can't praise the Cobra enough, it has replaced most of my other hoodies as my go to riding jacket. The perfect hoodie. Chrome Cobra, put this on your wish list or go out and cop one today.

Get the Cobra here


*I'm about to get screwed by my friends for that hands up photo in the review. I try to have fun with a review and the homies want to poke fun, you guys will see what happens next, I'm sure. Thanks to Juan for pointing the photo out to everyone, a Pre-thanks to Joe for the photo shop job you're gonna do. Luckily, I have thick skin and can laugh at myself. Oh well. What are friends for? My cats infest my house as well... little buggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment