09 March, 2010

Riders Way double straps

So, about two months ago I reviewed the Livery double straps, and it was a bit premature. I should have rode them for a lil longer before writing a review. While I really liked them and they did hold up under normal ridin use (which I recommend them for) they didn't hold up under race conditions. I raced for three weekends in a row with the Livery straps, and switched them onto a different set of pedals. On third race, in the front pack, bombing a hill, went to speed check and one side snapped, then went to skid, and the other side snapped.



Pretty dangerous for that to happen during race time, and a little hairy. Afterwards, I spoke to the guys at Livery about the breakage, and they had said that were getting reports of the same thing happening, under real stressful conditions, and were getting the design flaw changed. Just a few days later I ran into my homie Kevin at StrykerLA and told him what had happened, at which point he asked me to test out (and said I would love these) his Riders Way double straps.

So.....




I love these straps, I've been rocking em for about 2 months, through races, rain, commuting to work, shredding with friends.
They have hold up, like no others. They feel great, look good, no slippage, or stretching. Rock solid. My only beef with them is the extra pad (doublizer) is a bit big, but once broken in you really can't tell the size. At first yes, but give it some time and you'll love em.. I have had every brand out there, and these rank right up top with toshi's and the Cadence doubles (personal fav) I don't see myself switching these out until they fall apart on their own (which is gonna take awhile) Highly recommend these straps. I've noticed that alot homies in LA have switched to these, and some are rocking the single strap version, which is getting nothing but glowing reports well.



Here's the Deets...
Riders Way is a brand two Korean snowboarders found few years ago. They both were pro snowboarders. they love to 'ride'. That's why they named the company logo like that. one day, one of them got an critical accident and they stop snowboarding. And they were getting into fixed gear scene. They started investigating on toe straps since it's a-must-have item for fixed gear bikes. They end up with hi-end toe straps which beat any other straps in the market.
They made in Korea(not china, you can see them on the metal part), a country makes the best quality all the time.
They are made out of suede and there's film material in between the leathers.

Single straps are $49 and the doubles are $79
Stryker LA is the only distributor in US, you can order them by email at strykerla@gmail com. Also there is this guarantee: if you break this toe strap in ONE month, we will give you the second toe straps in half price(Yes it is true).



-Sean Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment